Therapy for Phobia in New York City: We Treat All Types of Phobias
Do you have a fear that is clearly irrational yet it causes you significant distress?
Do you go to great lengths to avoid this feared stimulus? If so, you may have a specific phobia. The following are some common examples of specific phobias that we treat at Advanced Behavioral Health:
- Acrophobia: Fear of heights
- Aerophobia: Fear of flying
- Agoraphobia: Fear of open spaces or crowds
- Aichmophobia: Fear of needles or pointed objects
- Anginophobia: Fear of angina or choking
- Ataxophobia: Fear of disorder or untidiness
- Atelophobia: Fear of imperfection
- Atychiphobia: Fear of failure
- Autophobia: Fear of being alone
- Cynophobia: Fear of dogs
- Dentophobia: Fear of dentists
- Emetophobia: Fear of vomiting
- Glossophobia: Fear of public speaking
- Hemophobia: Fear of blood
- Iatrophobia: Fear of doctors
- Lockiophobia: Fear of childbirth
- Mysophobia: Fear of dirt and germs
- Ornithophobia: Fear of birds
- Pathophobia: Fear of disease
- Sociophobia: Fear of social evaluation
- Technophobia: Fear of technology
- Trypanophobia: Fear of needles and injections
- Venustraphobia: Fear of beautiful women
- Zoophobia: Fear of animals
Anxiety is often a healthy and adaptive part of life, as it motivates us to study for exams, it encourages us to arrive at work or interviews on time, and it prompts us to avoid dark streets in a high crime area. A healthy level of anxiety keeps us alert, prepared, and aware.
However, anxiety is no longer adaptive when it reduces your productivity and significantly intrudes on your quality of life. Anxiety can cause distressing physical symptoms, cognitive disruptions and emotional upset. Dr. Feinstein has designed a method to help you overcome panic attacks and specific phobias, and teach you how to manage your anxiety in a healthier manner. By following our step-by-step holistic approach, you can expect that the intensity and frequency of your phobia symptoms will diminish, and that your quality of life will improve.
One hour evaluation and consultation session to reach an accurate diagnosis and to formulate an individual treatment plan.
Learn about the mind-body connection, discover phobia triggers and implement minor lifestyle changes. Discuss and plan your specific treatment goals.
Learn relaxation techniques including diaphragmatic breathing, guided imagery, and muscle relaxation.
A personalized relaxation script will be made for you to take home and practice between sessions. The script will be recorded so you can listen to it at your leisure.
Understand the connection between your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. Change your negative and distorted self-dialogue to a more positive and realistic one using cognitive restructuring techniques. Maintain a healthier and more balanced lifestyle.
Relapse Prevention: Master how to implement relaxation techniques, cognitive restructuring and a healthier lifestyle on a daily basis.
*Note: These steps are personally tailored to each individual based on the severity, duration and type of phobia and the individual’s motivation to improve. This treatment exhibits higher success rates with highly motivated patients who attend treatment consistently.
Are You Ready To Transform Your Life?
Schedule a free 15-minute consultation